Are you curious about the question ‘Are yoni steams safe?’ Then, you have reached the right place. In this article you will learn all about yoni steaming and the wonderful benefits, check out enthusing Devi Steam® herbal blend product reviews and everything you should know to properly perform a yoni steam in your own home!
Ancient practice for a nurtured vagina: what is yoni steaming?
Women of all ages around the world perform Yoni Steaming (often called v-steaming, vaginal steaming, bajo, or chai-yok), a technique of sitting above a vessel of boiling water that is infused with stimulating natural herbs.
It is a luxurious and nourishing self-care ritual intended to assist you to reconnect with the body and to nurture the feminine side within you.
Yoni steam benefits
This traditional practice has been used by women for hundreds of years to relieve menstruous pain, support the pelvic floor, and elevate sexual libido.
Following is a more detailed listing of how yoni steaming may help you:
- Assist with postnatal recovery
- Reduces menstrual discomfort and regulates the menstrual cycle
- Support supple and toned pelvic floor and genital muscles
- If the herbs used for the steam have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial or other healing qualities, yoni steaming can help prevent many health problems in the vaginal area
- Enhance sensation and joy during love making
- Say bye to vaginal dryness and increase natural lubrication and libido
- Help to move energetic blocks and heal any trauma in your sacred portal
- Enhances the female reproductive system as well as its all-around health
- Give relief from genital dryness and pain associated with menopause
- And many other benefits!
For a joyful and healthy yoni, consider getting the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
How to perform a yoni steam at home
Whether you make use of a steam chair or just place a bowl in the toilet (DIY version), we recommend – to ensure that the treatment is practiced properly – that the herbs and water should always be at least 16 inches away from the vulva, and that the steam goes up naturally without having a steady source of heat.
Be sure you wrap a large blanket or sheet around your waist all the way down to the floor making sure no steam gets out while having your yoni steam session at your home.
A healthy woman could steam in average 2-3 times every month as a part of a general wellness routine, however, preferably not during her menstruation.
Go here for more detailed directions on yoni steaming.
Yoni steam safety measures
Generally, yoni steaming is safe if you are healthy. Having said that, there are specific circumstances when you should consider not to do a yoni steam.
- Women who are currently pregnant or looking to become pregnant should avoid doing a yoni steam.
- We really do not recommend making use of yoni steaming herbs when you have an intrauterine device (IUD).
Women who have any kind of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian inflammation), or a fever, are urged not to steam until the symptoms are no longer present.
- In addition, women really should stay away from yoni steaming whenever undergoing their monthly periods or when having open sores or blisters.
What are the best herbs for yoni steaming?
Either fresh or dry herbs are best. Also, if possible, try to use organically grown herbs. Some of the most frequently used herbs are:
- Rosemary leaves: antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and stimulates menstruation.
- Mugwort plant and root: A natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, hormone balancing especially for women, and has calming properties
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, encourages blood circulation and calms the uterus.
- Yarrow plant: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, supports balanced menstruation
- Calendula: Helps with healing scar tissue and hemorrhoids (anti-inflammatory)
- Lavender: relaxing and therapeutic, supports healthy menstrual cycles
- Rose petals: astringent, mood lifting and relaxing
You may create your own herbal combination for the yoni steam or use the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary mix featuring the highest quality organic and aromatic herbs out there, to bring purification and nourishment to your feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary mix is hand-crafted with a loving intention by a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
To get a happy and healthy yoni, consider getting the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
We hope that we gave a satisfying answer to the question around ‘Are yoni steams safe?’ and that you also feel inspired to begin or continue this wonderful routine.
We really welcome any kind of questions you might still have via our contact form.
Devi Steam® Review – Appreciation Comments From Our Happy Users About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend