Would you like to learn more about the amazing benefits of using herbs for v-steam and why they are now getting so popular in the West? Then, you have come to the right place. Keep reading to learn about v-steaming, the right herbs to use and why this ancient practice is now getting so popular, check out testimonials for Devi Steam® herb blend and everything you need to know to safely do a v-steam at home!
What exactly is v-steaming?
Women of all ages across the world do v-steaming (often called vaginal steaming, yoni steaming, chai-yok, or bajo), a technique of sitting over a pot of steaming water with re-energizing herbs.
This self-care practice is meant to help you reconnect with your feminine essence as well as your sacred flower.
This traditional ritual has been used by women for centuries to relieve menstruous discomfort, tone the pelvic floor, and heighten sexual pleasure.
Here is how v-steaming can help you:
- Soothes menstruous pain and regulates the menstrual cycle
- Tighten and tone the pelvic muscles
- Assist in post childbirth recovery
- Improve pleasure and sensation during love making
- Say bye to vaginal dryness and increase the level of natural lubrication and sexual libido
- If the herbs used for steaming have anti-bacterial, antifungal or otherwise healing properties, v-steaming may help ward off various medical conditions in the pelvic region
- Give relief from genital dryness and pain connected with menopause
- Assist in moving energetic blockages and heal any trauma in your sacred portal
- Reinforce energy levels and overall well-being of the female reproductive system
- And so much more!
Ready to nurture your sacred portal with herbs for v-steam? Try the Devi Steam® proprietary mix composed of the most effective organic steaming herbs to get a healthy and happy vagina.
Learn how to perform v-steams at home
In order for the steaming process to be safe, whether utilizing a steam chair or simply placing a bowl in the toilet (DIY version), it is recommended that the water and herbs are positioned a minimum of 16 inches from your vulva, and that the steam rises the natural way without having a consistent heat source.
Make sure to put a big sheet or blanket surrounding your waist down to the ground ensuring that no steam escapes during your v-steam session at home.
A healthy woman can steam in average two to three times each month as part of a general wellness regime, preferably at a time when you are not having your period.
Please refer to this page for more detailed guidelines about how to properly do a v-steam.
Are v-steams safe?
V-steaming is normally safe for any healthy woman. There are conditions, however, in which you shouldn’t steam your vagina.
- V-steaming is not to be done by women who wish to become pregnant or who are already pregnant.
- We do not recommend making use of v-steaming herbs for those who have an intrauterine device (IUD).
Women who have any kind of internal infection (uterine, cervical or ovarian inflammation), or even a fever, are suggested not to steam until the symptoms have subsided.
- Moreover, women need to avoid v-steaming whenever going through their monthly periods or when suffering from open blisters or sores.
A guide to selecting the right v-steam herbs
Either dry or fresh plants are suggested. At the same time, if possible, get organic plants. The most widely used herbs are:
- Lavender: healing and soothing, supports normal menstrual cycles
- Yarrow plant: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, balances menstrual cycles
- Mugwort: anti-bacterial and anti-fungal medicinal properties, hormone balancing especially for women, soothing properties
- Rose flower petals: soothing, uplifting and astringent
- Calendula flowers: Assists in dissolving piles and scars (anti-inflammatory)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Tonifying and cleansing, astringent, promotes blood flow and relaxes the womb.
- Rosemary: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and supports balanced menstrual cycles.
You can create your own herbal mix for your v-steam or use the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary blend which consists of the very best quality aromatic and organic herbs available, to bring purification and nourishment to your sacred feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is created together with a loving intention by a certified Ayurvedic specialist.
For a joyful and healthy vagina, consider getting the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
We sincerely hope that we could answer any questions around herbs for v-steam and that you also feel inspired to take up or go on with this beautiful practice of v-steaming.
In case you have any additional questions, be sure to get in touch with us through our contact form.
V-steaming Experiences – Appreciation Comments From Our Customers About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend