Do you wish to talk about the question ‘How to do a vaginal steam?’ Then, you are in the right place. Read on to learn about vaginal steaming and why this ancient practice is now getting so popular, see raving Devi Steam® natural herb blend reviews and all you need to know to safely do a vaginal steam at your home!
Ancient practice for a happy vagina: what is vaginal steaming?
Vaginal steaming, also referred to as yoni steaming, v-steaming, bajo, or chai-yok is a traditional practice enjoyed by women worldwide of sitting above a boiling pot of water with rejuvenating herbs.
This luxurious self-care practice is intended to help you reconnect with the body and to nurture your feminine side.
What are the vaginal steam benefits?
For hundreds of years, women have been using this traditional practice to soothe menstruous pain, tone the pelvic floor, and enhance sexual libido.
Here are a few ways vaginal steaming could benefit you:
- Soothes menstruous discomfort and regulates the menses
- Support building supple and defined genital and pelvic floor muscles
- Support postpartum healing
- Improve sensation and pleasure while making love
- Promote increased sexual libido and natural lubrication
- If steam herbs posses antifungal, antibacterial or otherwise healing qualities, vaginal steaming can certainly help prevent various health issues in the pelvic region
- Relieve menopausal symptoms including genital dryness and pain
- Assist in removing energetic blockages and heal sexual trauma
- Supports the female reproductive system as well as overall health
- And much more!
To maintain or develop a healthy and smiling vagina, consider getting the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
How you can safely perform a vaginal steam in the convenience of your home
Regardless of whether you utilize a steam stool or simply place a pot in a toilet (DIY version), we recommend – in order for the treatment is practiced safely – that the herbs and water should be a minimum of 16 inches from your vagina, and that the steam goes up the natural way without having a consistent heat source.
Don’t allow any steam get out while having your vaginal steam session at home by draping a large sheet surrounding the waist all the way down to the floor.
A healthy woman could steam in average 2-3 times per month as part of a general wellness regime, preferably when you are not having your period.
For more in-depth vaginal steam instructions, go here.
A note about vaginal steam safety
Vaginal steaming is generally safe for pretty much any healthy woman. There are actually conditions, nevertheless, when you shouldn’t steam your vaginal area.
- We really do not recommend making use of vaginal steaming herbs for those who have an IUD (intrauterine device).
- Women should also not steam when having their menstruation or whenever open blisters or sores are present.
- Vaginal steaming should not be done by women who are trying to get pregnant or who are currently expecting.
- Women who have any kind of internal infection (ovarian, uterine, cervical inflammation), or a fever, are suggested never to steam until the condition is fully healed.
What are the best herbs for vaginal steaming?
Dry or fresh plants are suggested. Also, if possible, try to get organic plants. Some of the most commonly used herbs are:
- Rosemary: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and regulates menstrual flow.
- Mugwort plant and root: antibacterial and antifungal medicinal properties, hormone balancing especially for women, soothing properties
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, stimulates blood flow and relaxes the muscles in the uterus.
- Yarrow flowers and leaves: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, regulates menstrual flow
- Calendula flowers: Helps with healing hemorrhoids and scars (reduces inflammation)
- Lavender flowers: therapeutic and relaxing, regulates menstrual flow
- Rose flower petals: calming, mood lifting and astringent
You could come up with an herbal mix on your own for the vaginal steam or use the time tested formula of the Devi Steam® proprietary blend featuring the best aromatic and organic herbs out there, to bring purification and nourishment to your sacred feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is handcrafted together with a loving intention by a qualified Ayurvedic specialist.
To maintain or develop a blissful and healthy vagina, check out the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
We sincerely hope that we provided satisfying answers to the question around ‘How to do a vaginal steam?’ and that you feel inspired to pursue or carry on with this beautiful self care ritual.
Please get in touch with us with any questions you might still have through our contact form.
Devi Steam® Testimonies – So what Our Valued Clients Say About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend