If you happen to be wondering about the question ‘How to do yoni steams at home?’, you are on the right page. Read on to get to know everything about yoni steaming as well as its great benefits, check out reviews for Devi Steam® herb mix and everything you should know to properly do a yoni steam in your own home!
Nurturing practice for a happy yoni: what is yoni steaming?
Women of all ages worldwide use Yoni Steaming (often called vaginal steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, or bajo), a practice of sitting down above a pot of steaming water that is infused with re-energizing natural herbs.
This soothing treatment supports the female reproductive system and brings the yoni back into its naturally balanced state.
Yoni steaming benefits
This traditional ritual has been used by women for hundreds of years to help relieve menstrual discomfort, tone the pelvic muscles, and improve sexual pleasure.
Below are a few ways yoni steaming may benefit you:
- Help with postnatal recovery
- Soothes menstruous pain and regulates menstruation
- Tone and tighten the vagina
- If the steam herbs posses antifungal, anti-bacterial or other healing qualities, yoni steaming can certainly help ward off several health conditions in the vaginal region
- Enhance pleasure while making love
- Feel more sexual libido and promote natural vaginal lubrication
- Assist in removing energetic blocks and heal sexual trauma
- Enhance energy and overall well-being of the female reproductive system
- Relieve menopausal symptoms such as genital dryness and pain
- And so much more!
Ready to nurture your sacred portal with a yoni steam? Consider getting the Devi Steam® proprietary mix composed of the most effective organic steaming herbs to get a healthy and smiling yoni.
How to yoni steam safely at your home
Whether you use a special steam box or simply just put a pot in a toilet (do-it-yourself version), our recommendation is – in order for the treatment is performed properly – that the water and herbs should generallly be at least 16 inches from your yoni, and also that the steam rises naturally without having a steady source of heat.
Don’t let any steam escape during your yoni steam ritual at home by putting a large blanket surrounding the waist down to the floor.
A healthy woman could steam in average 2 to 3 times a month as a part of an overall wellness regime, preferably when you are not menstruating.
Go here for more in-depth directions on yoni steaming.
Is yoni steaming safe?
Normally, yoni steaming is safe to do if you are healthy. Having said that, there are certain scenarios when you are better off avoiding yoni steaming.
- We do not advise using yoni steaming herbs if you have an IUD (intrauterine device).
- Women should also not steam while menstruating or whenever open sores or blisters are present.
- Women who are expecting a baby or wishing to become pregnant should not do a yoni steam.
- Women who have any type of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian infection), or a fever, are urged never to steam until the symptoms are no longer present.
The basics of choosing the right yoni steam herbs
Either dry or fresh plants are suggested. Also, if possible, use organic ones. Some of the most commonly used are:
- Lavender: therapeutic and soothing, regulates menstruation
- Yarrow: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, balances menstrual cycles
- Mugwort plant and root: anti-fungal and anti-bacterial qualities, regulates female hormones, relaxing properties
- Rose flower petals: astringent, soothing and mood elevating
- Calendula flowers: Assists in dissolving piles and of scars (anti-inflammatory)
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, promotes blood flow and calms the uterus.
- Rosemary: anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and regulates menstrual flow.
You can put together an herbal combination yourself for your yoni steam or use the time tested formula of the Devi Steam® proprietary blend which consists of the highest quality organic and great smelling herbs out there, to gently detox, tone, and revitalize your vulva and uterus. The Devi Steam® proprietary mix is created with love by a licensed Ayurvedic specialist.
To get a delighted and healthy yoni, check out the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
Hopefully, we were able to answer the question ‘How to do yoni steams at home?’ in a satisfying way and we sincerely hope that you also feel motivated to begin or go on with this great self-care routine.
Please feel free to speak to us with any questions you might still have via our contact form.
Yoni Steaming Experiences – What Our Happy Customers Say About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend