If you have been wondering about the question ‘How to steam your vagina at home?’, you are definitely on the right page. Continue reading to learn about vaginal steaming and the great benefits, read customer’s vaginal steaming experiences and everything you should know to properly do a vaginal steam in your own home!
Ancient practice for a happy vagina: what is vaginal steaming?
Vaginal steaming, also referred to as yoni steaming, v-steaming, bajo, or chai-yok is a traditional practice enjoyed by women around the globe of being seated over a boiling pot of water infused with rejuvenating herbs.
This soothing treatment gives beneficial support to the female reproductive system, and encourages reconnection with the powerful, creative vitality of the feminine center.
What are the vaginal steaming benefits?
For centuries, women have been using this particular traditional ritual to ease menstrual discomfort, firm up the pelvic floor muscles, and increase sexual libido.
Here is how vaginal steaming may help you:
- Might help ease menstruous pain and regulate the menses
- Tone and tighten the pelvic muscles
- Assist with postpartum healing
- Increase sensation and pleasure while making love
- Say bye to vaginal dryness and enhance the level of natural lubrication and libido
- If the herbs used for steaming posses anti-bacterial, antifungal or otherwise healing properties, vaginal steaming may help ward off various health issues in the pelvic region
- Give relief from genital dryness and pain associated with menopause
- Assist in removing energetic blocks and heal any trauma in your sacred portal
- Enhance vibrancy and overall well-being of the female reproductive system
- And much more!
To maintain or develop a blissful and healthy vagina, check out the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
Learn how to safely do a vaginal steam in the convenience of your home
Whether you make use of a special steam chair or just place a bowl in the toilet (do-it-yourself version), we recommend – to ensure that the treatment is practiced safely – that the water and herbs should be a minimum of 16 inches from your vagina, and also that the steam rises the natural way without a steady heat source.
Make sure you put a big sheet or blanket surrounding your waist down to the floor making sure no steam escapes during your vaginal steam ritual at your home.
As part of a general self-care regime, our recommendation is that healthy women steam two to three times per month, however, preferably not when you are menstruating.
Go here for more detailed guidelines on vaginal steaming.
Are vaginal steams safe?
In general, vaginal steaming is safe to do if you are healthy. Nevertheless, there are specific circumstances when you are better off staying away from vaginal steaming.
- We don’t recommend making use of vaginal steaming herbs in case you have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Women also should not steam while having their period or when open blisters or sores are present.
- Vaginal steaming should not be done by women who would like to get pregnant or who are currently expecting a baby.
- Women who have any kind of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian infection), or even a fever, are suggested never to steam until the symptoms have subsided.
What are the best herbs for vaginal steaming?
Either fresh or dry plants are suggested. Also, when possible, get organic herbs. Some of the most commonly used herbs are:
- Lavender flowers: healing and relaxing, supports normal menstrual cycles
- Yarrow: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, supports healthy menstruation
- Mugwort: anti-fungal and anti-bacterial medicinal properties, regulates female hormones, soothing properties
- Rose flower petals: astringent, soothing and uplifting
- Calendula flowers: Supports in dissolving scars and hemorrhoids (reduces inflammation)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, stimulates blood circulation and calms the womb.
- Rosemary: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and supports healthy menstruation.
You can come up with your own herbal blend for the vaginal steam or use the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary blend featuring the best aromatic and organic herbs out there, to naturally cleanse, tone, and revitalize your vulva and womb. The Devi Steam® proprietary mix is hand-crafted together with a loving intention by a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner.
Ready to deeply nourish your sacred portal with a vaginal steam? Try the Devi Steam® proprietary mix composed of the very best organic steaming herbs for a joyful and healthy vagina.
We hope that we provided you with a satisfying answer to the question around ‘How to steam your vagina at home?’ and that you also feel motivated to pursue or go on with this beautiful routine.
We welcome any inquiries you might still have by using our contact page form.
Vaginal Steaming Experiences – Testimonials From Women Of All Ages Who Purchased the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend