In case you happen to be wondering about the question ‘How to vaginal steam at home?’, you are in the right place. Read on to get to know about vaginal steaming and its wonderful benefits, check out testimonials for Devi Steam® herb blend and everything you should know to properly do a vaginal steam at your home!
Ancient practice for a nurtured vagina: what is vaginal steaming?
Women across the world do vaginal steaming (also known as yoni steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, or bajo), a practice of sitting above a vessel of steaming water with re-energizing herbs.
This is a luxurious and healthy self-care practice designed to allow you to reconnect with the body and to nurture your feminine side.
Vaginal steam herbs benefits
This ancient ritual has been used by women for hundreds of years to help relieve menstrual discomfort, firm up the pelvic floor, and increase sexual libido.
Here is how vaginal steaming can help you:
- Support postnatal healing
- Soothes menstrual discomfort and regulates the menses
- Support supple and defined genital and pelvic floor muscles
- If the herbs used for steaming posses antibacterial, antifungal or other healing properties, vaginal steaming can help ward off numerous health problems in the vaginal region
- Feel more joy and sensation while making love
- Promote increased sexual libido and natural lubrication in your vagina
- Assist in removing energetic blockages and heal trauma related to sex
- Supports the female reproductive system and overall health
- Reduce menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness and pain
- And many other benefits!
Would you like to nurture your sacred portal with a vaginal steam? Try the Devi Steam® proprietary mix comprising of the most beneficial organic steaming herbs to get a happy and healthy vagina.
How to vaginal steam safely
Regardless of whether you use a steam stool or simply put a pot in the toilet (DIY version), we recommend – to ensure that the treatment is practiced in a safe manner – that the water and herbs should always be no less than 16 inches away from the vagina, and that the steam goes up in a natural way without having a continuous heat source.
Make sure you drape a big blanket or sheet around your waist down to the floor ensuring no steam escapes during your vaginal steam ritual in the convenience of your home.
A healthy woman can steam in average two to three times a month as a part of a general self-care routine, however, preferably not when you have your period.
Make sure you refer to this page for more detailed instructions about how to properly do a vaginal steam.
Who should NOT do a vaginal steam?
Vaginal steaming is normally safe for any healthy woman. However, there are specific scenarios when you should avoid doing a vaginal steam.
- We really do not encourage using vaginal steaming herbs if you have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Women also should not steam while menstruating or when open blisters or sores are present.
- Women who are pregnant or planning to conceive should not do a vaginal steam.
- Women who have any kind of internal infection (ovarian, uterine, cervical inflammation), or a fever, are suggested never to steam until the condition is fully healed.
A guide to choosing the best vaginal steam herbs
It is wise to use fresh or dry herbs and, if possible, organically grown. The most frequently used herbs are:
- Lavender: calming and healing, balances menstrual cycles
- Yarrow: Tonifying and cleansing, astringent, supports balanced menstrual cycles
- Mugwort plant and root: antibacterial and antifungal qualities, balances female hormones, calming properties
- Rose petals: relaxing, mood lifting and astringent
- Calendula flower petals: Aids in healing of scar tissue and hemorrhoids (reduces inflammation)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, encourages blood flow and relaxes the pelvic region.
- Rosemary: anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and supports healthy menstruation.
You could put together an herbal blend yourself for your vaginal steam or get the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary mix featuring the very best quality aromatic and organic natural herbs available, to provide purification and nourishment to your sacred feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is handcrafted with love by a certified Ayurvedic specialist.
Ready to deeply nurture your sacred portal with a vaginal steam? Consider getting the Devi Steam® proprietary mix composed of the most beneficial organic steaming herbs for a joyful and healthy vagina.
We sincerely hope that we could answer the question ‘How to vaginal steam at home?’ and that you also feel motivated to begin or continue this wonderful self-care routine.
In case you have any additional questions, be sure to speak to us by using our web form.
Devi Steam® Testimonies – So what Our Valued Clients Say About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend