In case you have been asking yourself the question ‘How to vaginal steam?’, you are definitely on the right page. Keep reading to get to know all about vaginal steaming and how it can enrich your love life, read about customer’s vaginal steaming experiences and how to do a vaginal steam properly at your home!
Nurturing practice for a happy vagina: what is vaginal steaming?
Vaginal steaming, also known as yoni steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, or bajo is actually a traditional practice used by many women across the world of sitting down over a boiling vessel of water with rejuvenating herbs.
This is a healthy and luxurious self-care ritual meant to help you tune in with the body as well as your feminine side.
What are the vaginal steam benefits?
For hundreds of years, women have been using this ancient ritual to relieve menstrual pain, support the pelvic floor, and enhance sexual libido.
Here is how vaginal steaming may help you:
- Help with post childbirth healing
- Might help ease menstrual pain and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Support supple and articulate pelvic floor and vaginal muscles
- If the steam herbs posses anti-fungal, antibacterial and otherwise healing properties, vaginal steaming may help prevent various health problems in the vaginal region
- Feel more pleasure during intimacy
- Promote increased sexual libido and natural lubrication in your vagina
- Assist in moving energetic blockages and heal any trauma in your sacred portal
- Feel more energy and overall wellness of the female reproductive system
- Provide relief from vaginal dryness and pain connected with menopause
- And many other benefits!
For a healthy and joyful vagina, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
How to vaginal steam (without having a seat)
Regardless of whether you make use of a special steam seat or simply place a suitable vessel in the toilet (do-it-yourself version), our recommendation is – to ensure that the steaming process is practiced in a safe manner – that the water and herbs should be no less than 16 inches away from the vagina, and that the steam goes up naturally without having a continuous heat source.
Don’t allow any steam get out during your vaginal steam session at home by wrapping a big blanket around the waist all the way down to the floor.
A healthy woman can steam in average 2-3 times per month as a part of an overall wellness regime, preferably when when they are not menstruating.
Go here to get more detailed instructions on vaginal steaming.
Is vaginal steaming safe?
Usually, vaginal steaming is safe if you are healthy. Having said that, there are actually certain circumstances when you should consider not to do a vaginal steam.
- Women who are expecting or looking to conceive should avoid doing a vaginal steam.
- We really do not encourage using vaginal steaming herbs in case you have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Women who have any sort of internal infection (ovarian, uterine, cervical inflammation), or a fever, are suggested not to steam until the condition is fully healed.
- In addition, women need to avoid vaginal steaming whenever undergoing their monthly periods or when suffering from open sores or blisters.
The basics of picking the best vaginal steam herbs
It is best to make use of fresh or dry herbs and, when possible, organic. The most frequently used herbs are:
- Lavender flowers: healing and soothing, regulates menstruation
- Yarrow: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, regulates menstruation
- Mugwort plant and root: A natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, hormone balancing especially for women, and also has relaxing properties
- Rose flower petals: astringent, mood elevating and relaxing
- Calendula flowers: Helps in healing hemorrhoids and scar tissue (reduces inflammation)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, stimulates blood circulation and calms the uterus.
- Rosemary leaves: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and regulates menstrual flow.
You may come up with your own herbal blend for your vaginal steam or use the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary blend featuring the highest quality aromatic and organic natural herbs available, to gently detox, tone, and invigorate your vulva and pelvic region. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is created with love by a certified Ayurvedic practitioner.
To maintain or develop a healthy and happy vagina, check out the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
We really hope that we provided you with a satisfying answer to the question around ‘How to vaginal steam?’ and that you also feel inspired to pursue or carry on with this great routine.
Don’t hesitate to speak to us with any questions that you may feel are still unanswered via our contact form.
Vaginal Steaming Experiences – Testimonials From Women Who Purchased the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend