In case you happen to be asking yourself the question ‘How to yoni steam at home without equipment?’, you are in the right place. Below you can learn all about yoni steaming and why this traditional practice is now getting so popular, see customer’s yoni steaming experiences and how to do a yoni steam properly at home!
Steamy practice for a happy vagina: what is yoni steaming?
Yoni steaming, also called v-steaming, vaginal steaming, bajo, or chai-yok is a traditional practice used by women around the world of being seated above a boiling vessel of water with revitalizing herbs.
This is a luxurious and nourishing self-care routine designed to help you reconnect with your body and your feminine side.
Benefits of steaming your vagina
For centuries, women have been using this particular ancient practice to relieve menstruous pain, firm up the pelvic floor, and enhance sexual libido.
Here is how yoni steaming may help you:
- May help relieve menstruous pain and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Support in the development of defined and supple genital and pelvic floor muscles
- Assist with postnatal recovery
- Enhance pleasure and sensation during intimacy
- Promote increased libido and natural vaginal lubrication
- If the steam herbs posses anti-bacterial, anti-fungal or other healing qualities, yoni steaming may help ward off various health problems in the pelvic area
- Lessen menopausal symptoms including vaginal dryness and pain
- Assist in removing energetic blocks and heal any trauma in your sacred portal
- Support energy levels and overall well-being of the female reproductive system
- And many other benefits!
Would you like to deeply nourish your sacred portal using a yoni steam? Try the Devi Steam® proprietary mix comprising of the most effective organic steaming herbs to get a healthy and blissful yoni.
Instructions for your DIY yoni steam
To ensure that the steaming process to be safe, whether utilizing a steam stool or simply placing a bowl in a toilet (do-it-yourself version), it is recommended that the water and herbs are placed at least 16 inches from the vagina, and also that the steam rises naturally without a consistent heat source.
While having your yoni steam session in the convenience of your home, put a large blanket or sheet around your waist to prevent steam from getting out.
A healthy woman can steam in average two to three times a month as a part of an overall wellness regime, always at a time when she is not having her period.
Go here for further in-depth instructions on yoni steaming.
Are yoni steams safe?
Yoni steaming is usually completely safe for almost any healthy woman. Having said that, there are specific circumstances when you should avoid yoni steaming.
- We really do not recommend using yoni steaming herbs for those who have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Also, women should stay away from yoni steaming when undergoing their monthly periods or while suffering from open sores or blisters.
- Women who are expecting a baby or intending to become pregnant should avoid doing a yoni steam.
- Women who have any sort of internal infection (uterine, cervical or ovarian inflammation), or a fever, are urged not to steam until the condition is fully healed.
What are the best herbs for yoni steaming?
It is wise to use dry or fresh herbs and, if possible, organically grown. Some of the most widely used are:
- Lavender flowers: healing and soothing, supports balanced menstrual cycles
- Yarrow flowers and leaves: Tonifying and cleansing, astringent, balances menstrual cycles
- Mugwort: anti-bacterial and anti-fungal medicinal properties, hormone balancing especially for women, soothing properties
- Rose flower petals: mood lifting, soothing and astringent
- Calendula: Supports in healing scar tissue and piles (anti-inflammatory)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, promotes blood flow and relaxes the pelvic area.
- Rosemary leaves: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and stimulates menstruation.
You can come up with your own herbal combination for the yoni steam or use the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary blend featuring the highest-quality aromatic and organic natural herbs out there, to provide nourishment and purification to your feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is handcrafted with love by a certified Ayurvedic specialist.
To get a blissful and healthy yoni, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
We sincerely hope that we could answer the question around ‘How to yoni steam at home without equipment?’ and that you feel inspired to take up or continue this beautiful routine.
We really welcome any inquiries you may still have by using our contact form.
Devi Steam® Recommendations – Testimonials From Women Of All Ages Who Purchased the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend