Interested in talking about the question ‘Is vaginal steaming safe?’ Then, you have come to the right place. Here, you will get to know all about vaginal steaming and why they could be indispensable part of your self care tool box, see enthusing Devi Steam® natural herb blend testimonials and how exactly to do a vaginal steam correctly at home!
Vaginal steaming – what it is
Vaginal steaming, also called yoni steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, or bajo is a traditional practice enjoyed by women across the world of sitting down over a boiling vessel of water with stimulating herbs.
This mild treatment supports the female reproductive system and brings the vagina back into its balanced state.
What are the vaginal steam herbs benefits?
This traditional practice has been used by women for hundreds of years to help relieve menstrual pain, firm up the pelvic floor, and help increase sexual libido.
Here is how vaginal steaming can help you:
- Might help ease menstruous discomfort and balance the period
- Support defined and supple pelvic floor and vaginal muscles
- Assist in post childbirth healing
- Improve pleasure during intimacy
- Promote increased sexual libido and natural vaginal lubrication
- If the herbs used for the steam posses antibacterial, antifungal and otherwise healing properties, vaginal steaming may help ward off numerous health problems in the pelvic area
- Relieve menopause symptoms including vaginal dryness and pain
- Assist in moving energetic blockages and heal trauma related to sex
- Enhances the female reproductive system as well as overall health
- And many more!
Ready to nurture your sacred portal using a vaginal steam? Consider getting the Devi Steam® proprietary mix comprising of the most effective organic steaming herbs for a healthy and happy vagina.
Learn how to vaginal steam properly
Whether you use a special steam box or just put a suitable vessel in the toilet (DIY version), we recommend – in order for the steaming process is performed properly – that the water and herbs should always be no less than 16 inches from the vagina, and that the steam goes up in a natural way without a steady heat source.
Ensure that you put a big blanket or sheet around your waist down to the floor making sure no steam escapes while having your vaginal steam session in the convenience of your home.
A healthy woman can steam in average 2 to 3 times a month as part of an overall self-care regime, always during weeks when you are not having your period.
Click here for more detailed directions on vaginal steaming.
Vaginal steaming – A word regarding basic safety
Usually, vaginal steaming is safe to do if you are healthy. There are actually situations, however, in which you should not steam your vagina.
- We don’t encourage using vaginal steaming herbs in case you have an IUD (intrauterine device).
- Additionally, women should avoid vaginal steaming when going through menstruation or while having open blisters or sores.
- Women who are currently pregnant or looking to conceive should not do a vaginal steam.
- Women who have any type of internal infection (uterine, cervical or ovarian infection), or a fever, are urged never to steam until the condition is fully healed.
The basics of choosing the right vaginal steam herbs
It is best to use fresh or dry plants and, when possible, organic. The most widely used are:
- Lavender: soothing and therapeutic, regulates menstrual flow
- Yarrow plant: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, supports healthy menstrual cycles
- Mugwort plant and root: A natural antifungal and antibacterial agent, hormone balancing especially for women, and has relaxing properties
- Rose flower petals: astringent, relaxing and uplifting
- Calendula flowers: Helps in healing hemorrhoids and scars (anti-inflammatory)
- Motherwort: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, encourages blood circulation and relaxes the uterine region.
- Rosemary leaves: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and regulates menstrual flow.
You could put together an herbal blend on your own for your vaginal steam or take advantage of the time tested formula of the Devi Steam® proprietary mix which consists of the best aromatic and organic natural herbs out there, to bring nourishment and purification to your feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary mix is hand crafted with love by a licensed Ayurvedic specialist.
For a delighted and healthy vagina, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
Hopefully, we could answer the question ‘Is vaginal steaming safe?’ in a satisfying way and we hope that you feel motivated to take up or go on with this great practice.
In case you have any further questions, please contact us through our web form.
Devi Steam® Review – Reviews From Women Who Bought the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend