Do you want to learn more about what steam herbs for the vagina are and how to choose the best that are most suitable for you? Then, you have come to the right spot. Read on to learn everything about vaginal steaming, the right herbs to use and why they might be an essential part of your self care tool box, see reviews for Devi Steam® herb blend and everything you need to know to properly do a vaginal steam at home!
What is vaginal steaming?
Women of all ages around the globe perform vaginal steaming (often called yoni steaming, v-steaming, chai-yok, or bajo), a practice of sitting above a pot of boiling water that is infused with re-energizing natural herbs.
This gentle treatment provides beneficial support to the female reproductive system, and encourages reconnection with the powerful, creative energy of a woman’s center.
Vaginal steam herbs benefits
For hundreds of years, women have been using this traditional practice to soothe menstrual discomfort, support the pelvic floor, and increase sexual libido.
Here is a more detailed list of how vaginal steaming may help you:
- Might help soothe menstrual pain and regulate the period
- Tone and tighten the vagina
- Assist in post childbirth healing
- Increase sensation and joy during intimacy
- Wave bye to vaginal dryness and enhance natural lubrication and sexual libido
- If the herbs used for steaming posses antibacterial, antifungal and other healing properties, vaginal steaming can help prevent many medical conditions in the pelvic region
- Give relief from genital dryness and pain related to menopause
- Assist in moving energetic blocks and heal sexual trauma
- Improve the health and vitality of the female reproductive system
- And many more!
For a healthy and delighted vagina, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
The best way to perform a vaginal steam properly
In order for the steaming process to be safe, whether utilizing a steam box or simply just putting a pot in a toilet (do-it-yourself version), our recommendation is that the water and herbs are placed at least 16 inches away from the vagina, and also that the steam goes up in a natural way without a continuous source of heat.
Make sure you drape a large sheet or blanket around your waist down to the ground making sure no steam gets out while having your vaginal steam ritual in the convenience of your home.
As part of an overall wellness routine, we recommend that healthy women steam 2-3 times each month, always during weeks when they are not having her period.
Go here for further in-depth guidelines on vaginal steaming.
A note regarding vaginal steam safety
Vaginal steaming is generally safe for any healthy woman. However, there are some circumstances in which you may want to avoid vaginal steaming.
- We do not recommend making use of vaginal steaming herbs for those who have an IUD (intrauterine device).
- In addition, women really should avoid vaginal steaming while undergoing their monthly periods or when having open blisters or sores.
- Vaginal steaming should not be done by women who wish to have a baby or who are currently pregnant.
- Women who have any sort of internal infection (uterine, cervical or ovarian inflammation), or even a fever, are suggested never to steam until the symptoms are no longer present.
What are the best herbs for vaginal steaming?
Either dry or fresh plants are recommended. Additionally, if possible, try to use organic herbs. The most widely used are:
- Rosemary leaves: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and supports balanced menstrual cycles.
- Mugwort plant and root: An all-natural antifungal and antibacterial agent, regulates female hormones, and has calming properties
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, encourages blood flow and relaxes the womb area.
- Yarrow flowers and leaves: Astringent, cleansing and tonifying, regulates menstrual flow
- Calendula flowers: Assists in healing of scar tissue and hemorrhoids (reduces inflammation)
- Lavender: calming and healing, supports healthy menstrual cycles
- Rose flower petals: astringent, soothing and uplifting
You may create your own herbal blend for your vaginal steam or take advantage of the time tested Devi Steam® proprietary mix which consists of the highest-quality aromatic and organic herbs out there, to naturally cleanse, tone, and rejuvenate your vulva and pelvic region. The Devi Steam® proprietary mix is hand-crafted with love by a certified Ayurvedic practitioner.
To maintain or develop a blissful and healthy vagina, consider getting the Devi Steam®’s proprietary blend of organic steaming herbs.
Hopefully, we were able to answer any question you might have had around steam herbs for the vagina in a satisfying way and we hope that you feel inspired to take up or continue this wonderful routine of vaginal steaming.
Please speak to us with any questions you might still have via our contact page form.
Vaginal Steam Experience – Love Messages From Women Who Purchased the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend