Are you interested to know more about what steam herbs for yoni are and how to get the best ones that are most suitable for you? Then, you have arrived at the right place. Keep reading to learn about yoni steaming, the right herbs to use as well as its benefits, check out customer’s yoni steam experiences and everything you need to know to properly do a yoni steam at home!
Steamy and nurturing practice: what is yoni steaming?
Yoni steaming, also known as v-steaming, vaginal steaming, chai-yok, or bajo is actually a traditional practice enjoyed by many women worldwide of sitting above a boiling pot of water with rejuvenating herbs.
This soothing treatment supports the female reproductive system and brings the yoni back to its balanced state.
Yoni steam benefits
This traditional ritual has been used by women for centuries to help relieve menstrual discomfort, firm up the pelvic floor, and elevate sexual pleasure.
Here are a few ways yoni steaming can benefit you:
- Help with postnatal recovery
- Reduces menstrual pain and regulates the menstrual cycle
- Tighten and tone the pelvic muscles
- If the steam herbs posses antifungal, anti-bacterial and otherwise healing qualities, yoni steaming can certainly help prevent numerous health issues in the pelvic region
- Increase pleasure and sensation during sexual intercourse
- Feel more libido and promote natural lubrication
- Support to move energetic blockages and heal trauma related to sex
- Enhances the female reproductive system and overall health
- Provide relief from vaginal dryness and pain connected with menopause
- And many other benefits!
For a smiling and healthy vagina, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
Find out how to perform a yoni steam properly
Whether you use a special steam box or simply just place a pot in the toilet (do-it-yourself version), our recommendation is – to ensure that the steaming process is practiced properly – that the water and herbs should always be a minimum of 16 inches from the vagina, and also that the steam rises in a natural way without having a consistent source of heat.
During your yoni steam ritual in the convenience of your home, drape a sizable sheet or blanket around your waist to prevent steam from getting out.
A healthy woman could steam in average two to three times every month as a part of a general wellness ritual, always at a time when you are not menstruating.
Click here to get more detailed instructions on yoni steaming.
Yoni steam contraindications
In general, yoni steaming is safe to do if you are healthy. However, there are some scenarios in which you really should avoid yoni steaming.
- Yoni steaming should not be done by women who would like to get pregnant or who are currently expecting.
- We do not advise making use of yoni steaming herbs when you have an IUD (intrauterine device).
Women who have any sort of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian inflammation), or even a fever, are urged never to steam until the condition is fully healed.
- Women also should not steam while menstruating or when open sores or blisters are visible.
The basics of choosing the right yoni steam herbs
Fresh or dry plants are recommended. Furthermore, if possible, try to get organic herbs. The most widely used are:
- Lavender: healing and soothing, regulates menstruation
- Yarrow flowers and leaves: Tonifying and cleansing, astringent, regulates menstruation
- Mugwort: anti-fungal and anti-bacterial qualities, hormone balancing especially for women, soothing properties
- Rose flower petals: astringent, soothing and uplifting
- Calendula: Aids in healing piles and of scar tissue (decreases inflammation)
- Motherwort leaves, flowers and stems: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, promotes blood flow and relaxes the womb.
- Rosemary leaves: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and regulates menstrual flow.
You can create your own herbal combination for the yoni steam or use the time tested formula of the Devi Steam® proprietary mix featuring the highest quality aromatic and organic natural herbs available, to bring purification and nourishment to your sacred feminine center. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is hand crafted with love by a licensed Ayurvedic practitioner.
To maintain or develop a blissful and healthy vagina, try the Devi Steam®’s proprietary mix of organic steaming herbs.
We sincerely hope that we provided you with satisfying answers to any questions you might have had around steam herbs for yoni and that you feel inspired to take up or carry on with this wonderful self care routine of yoni steaming.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us with any questions that you may feel are still unanswered via our contact form.
Yoni Steam Experience – Testimonials From Women Of All Ages Who Bought the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend