If you happen to be wondering about the question ‘What is vaginal steam?’, you are on the right page. In this article you will get to know all about vaginal steaming and its great benefits, read about reviews for Devi Steam® herbal mix and how exactly to do a vaginal steam properly at home!
Nurturing practice for a happy vagina: what is vaginal steaming?
Vaginal steaming, also known as yoni steaming, v-steaming, bajo, or chai-yok is an ancient practice used by women across the world of being seated above a steaming vessel of water with stimulating herbs.
This delicate treatment supports the female reproductive system and brings the vagina back into its naturally balanced state.
Vaginal steam herbs benefits
For centuries, women have been using this traditional ritual to relieve menstrual pain, support the pelvic floor, and increase sexual pleasure.
Following is a more detailed listing of how vaginal steaming may help you:
- Might help relieve menstrual pain and regulate menstruation
- Tone and tighten the pelvic area
- Assist in post childbirth recovery
- Increase pleasure during sexual intercourse
- Say bye to vaginal dryness and increase natural lubrication and sexual libido
- If the herbs used for the steam posses anti-bacterial, antifungal or other healing properties, vaginal steaming can certainly help prevent several medical conditions in the pelvic region
- Give relief from vaginal dryness and pain connected with menopause
- Assist in moving energetic blocks and heal sexual trauma
- Improve the health and energy levels of the female reproductive system
- And many more!
Ready to nourish your sacred portal with a vaginal steam? Try the Devi Steam® proprietary mix composed of the very best organic steaming herbs to get a joyful and healthy vagina.
How to vaginal steam properly
Regardless of whether you make use of a steam chair or simply place a suitable vessel in a toilet (do-it-yourself version), we recommend – in order for the treatment is performed properly – that the herbs and water should always be at least 16 inches away from the vulva, and that the steam rises in a natural way without a steady heat source.
Don’t let any steam escape while having your vaginal steam ritual in the convenience of your home by putting a large blanket surrounding the waist down to the floor.
As a part of an overall wellness routine, it is recommended that healthy women steam two to three times per month, preferably during weeks you are not menstruating.
Click here for further in-depth guidelines on vaginal steaming.
Who actually should never do a vaginal steam?
Vaginal steaming is normally completely safe for any healthy woman. There are actually situations, however, in which you should not steam your vagina.
- Women who are expecting a baby or intending to get pregnant should not do a vaginal steam.
- We don’t recommend using vaginal steaming herbs when you have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Women who have any type of internal infection (cervical, uterine or ovarian inflammation), or even a fever, are suggested not to steam until the symptoms are no longer present.
- Also, women need to stay away from vaginal steaming whenever undergoing their monthly periods or when having open blisters or sores.
A guide to choosing the best vaginal steam herbs
Fresh or dry plants are recommended. Additionally, if possible, use organically grown ones. The most frequently used herbs are:
- Rosemary: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and regulates menstrual flow.
- Mugwort plant and root: An all-natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, balances female hormones, and also has relaxing properties
- Motherwort: Cleansing and tonifying, astringent, encourages blood flow and calms the womb.
- Yarrow: Tonifying and cleansing, astringent, regulates menstruation
- Calendula: Supports in dissolving of scar tissue and piles (anti-inflammatory)
- Lavender: therapeutic and relaxing, regulates menstrual flow
- Rose flower petals: astringent, mood elevating and soothing
You could come up with an herbal blend on your own for the vaginal steam or get the time tested formula of the Devi Steam® proprietary blend which consists of the best aromatic and organic natural herbs out there, to naturally cleanse, tone, and rejuvenate your vulva and pelvic area. The Devi Steam® proprietary blend is hand-crafted with love by a licensed Ayurvedic practitioner.
Ready to nurture your sacred portal with a vaginal steam? Consider getting the Devi Steam® proprietary mix comprising of the very best organic steaming herbs for a healthy and joyful vagina.
Hopefully, we could answer the question ‘What is vaginal steam?’ in a satisfying way and we really hope that you also feel inspired to pursue or continue this great routine.
In case you have any further questions, be sure to get in touch with us through our contact form.
Devi Steam® Review – Love Comments From Our Customers About the Devi Steam® Herbal Blend